Yardley Breakfast Burritos
Katy and Mark Yardley cook up some breakfast burritos for this week’s “What’s New,” coming to you hot from Lake Powell. This easy, one-bowl dish is packed with eggs, sausage and cheesy goodness and a little kick courtesy of some green chilis. Katy’s secret for the best burrito? Grill it in a skillet for a few minutes to get a crispy texture – yum!
- 1 pkg Jimmy Dean sausage – Hot
- 10-12 eggs
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 4 oz can diced green chilies
- 2-3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Flour tortillas – 10” size
- Salt & pepper
- In a medium non stick pan, brown sausage then place on paper towel-lined plate. Let cool
- In a bowl whisk eggs, half & half, salt & pepper. Cook eggs over med/low heat stirring constantly until scrambled. Transfer to large bowl and let cool
- Once cooled combine sausage, scrambled eggs, green chilies and cheese. Heat tortillas (in bag) in microwave for about one minute
- Place about 3 tbsp of filling on one side of tortilla and roll up tucking in the sides as you roll
- For storage: Place in sandwich bag or foil and refrigerate.